High lakes of Tian-Shian for 2019
Tour route: Bishkek- Chon-Kemin – Tory-Aigyr – Kol –Kogur – Kol Tor valley – Karakol – Jety-Oguz – Kochkor – Song Kul – Son Kol – Bishkek
Duration: 13 day/s 12 nights
Quality of persons: 20 persons maximum
Hotel type: 3-4 *
Placemen: single, twin
Type of the tour: cultural/trekking
Arrival in Bishkek (formerly Frunze), the capital of Kyrgyzstan. Transfer to Bishkek (40 km) to the hotel. Breakfast and rest at the hotel. Lunch. After lunch city tour with visiting Osh bazaar, the main Ala-To Square, walk along the Oak Park to the open art gallery of Sculptures. Dinner in the local restaurant. Overnight stay in the hotel.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: start point – 800 m in Bishkek)
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: start point – 800 m in Bishkek, start point of the trek- 2150m, end of day -2400 m in the tent camp. Altitude difference during the day is +350 m)
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: in tent camp – 2400m, highest point – 2900 m, end of day -2400m in the tent camp. Altitude difference during the day is +500 m first half and -500 m second half)
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: in tent camp – 2400 m, highest point of the trek is 3250 m at the pass, end of day -2400m in the tent camp. Altitude difference during the day is +850 m first half and -850 m second half)
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: in tent camp – 2400m, end of day -1600m at the lake shore)
Transfer to Karakol (170 km) along the Northern shore of Issy-Kul. Visit the Open Air Museum of Petrogliphs in Cholpon-Ata city. The Open Air Museum, sometimes referred as a Stone Garden, covers some 42 hectares and contains a number of prehistoric monumental structures (stone circles, tombs, the remains of a boundary stone wall, balbals) and Petroglyphs (dating from the II millennium BC up to the Middle Ages upto the VI century AD).. Excursion to the Farm in Tepke village. Lunch on the farm. The owners of farm are breading Kyrgyz type of horses. It will be presentation about Kyrgyz horses. As option for additional payment is possible to organize Kyrgyz traditional horse game “ULak Tartysh” (Kyrgyz Polo) in the village.
Transfer to Karakol. City tour in Karakol. Visiting Prjevalskiy (famous Russian traveler) museum, Russian Orthodox Church, Muslim mosque in Dungan style. Accommodation in a hotel.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: at the lake shore – 1600m, end of day -1700m in Karakol)
- After breakfast transfer to the Jety Oguz gorge (40 km) to the valley of flowers. Shepherds tell a lot of legends about the beautiful, famous, red rocks formation known as “Seven Bulls” and “Broken Heart” Pass several wooden bridges over the mountainous river to reach the Flower Valley, because it has many flowers especially in June. Upon arrival accommodation and lunch in the yurt camp. The camp has 5 yurts with 4 sleeping places in each yurta. All yurts have heating stove, wooden floor. Sleeping places will be organized on the floor in traditional Kyrgyz style. We will provide two mats, two blankets and clean bed shits for each sleeping place. The lunch will be served in separate dinning yurt.
- Two options for walking in the afternoon.
OPTION 1 with walking excursion to the waterfall named also Jety-Oguz. It is 24 meters high. Walking distance is about 3-4 km, walking time to the waterfall about 1 hour to one direction. The same time takes walking back to the camp. Relax on the riverbank or in the yurt camp.
OPTION 2 with walking excursion along the Jerty-Oguz gorge upto the viewpoint to the glacier Oguz-Bashi. Come back to the camp by the same route. Time for walking excursion is about 3 hours.
Dinner in the yrt camp. Overnight stay in the yurt camp, in “Flower valley”.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: in Karakol – 1700m, end of day -2250m in the yurt camp)
- Transfer to Kochkor village (280 km). The road goes along the southern shore of the Issyk-Kul lake. On the way walking excursion to the canyon Skazka for 1 hour. Stop for picnic on the shore. It will be possibility for swimming during picnic time.
- Visiting woman group who is producing traditional nomad’s carpets from the felt which call “Shiyrdak’” and “Ala Kiiz”. You can see the processing the carpet production. Optionally it is possible to have an Eagle hunting show in Bokonbaevo on the way to Kochkor. Stop on the shore of the lake for picnic and for swim. This night you will stay in the family guesthouses of local people. Four family guesthouses located on one street (2-3 minutes walking distance from one house to another). Each house has 2-3 sleeping rooms, one toilet and one shower. You need to share the toilet and the shower between people staying in one house. The dinner will be organized in one of the family for whole group. It will be prepared Kyrgyz traditional meal Beshparmak . Some people from the family will join you for the dinner and you can know about the life of people in villages during the discussion.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: in the Yurt camp – 2250m, end of day -1750m in Kochkor village)
Breakfast. Transfer to Song-Kul Lake which is located on the altitude 3030 m. Local people call the pasture around the lake as nomad’s paradise. Hundreds of local shepherd stay during the summer in the area around Song-Kul lake and using local traditional felt houses yurta to stay on the pasture. Upon arrival to Song-Kul you will stay in the yurt camp nearby shepherds. Lunch. It will be radial walking excursion for 2 hours in the afternoon. Dinner in the yurt camp. Overnight stay in the yurt camp.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: in Kochkor village- 1750m, end of day -3040m in Song-Kul Lake)
Breakfast. Free day in Song-Kul. This is a popular place among the local people, who come here every summer with their families and cattle. You can do one day hiking to mountains, meet local shepherds, watch the shepherd’s way of life: taste bread and kumyz (the national Kyrgyz drink from mares’ milk). For walking excursion and visit nomads the guide will be with you. It is different possibilities of walking distances on Song-Kul.
- Local shepherds families stay around the camp on distance about 1 km.
- It is no special walking routes on Song-Kul. You can do walking for yourself and spend time for walking from 1 hour and up to 5-6 hours. If you go for whole day walking, we will organize packed lunch and you do not need to come back to the camp for lunch time. You can have free fly program for walking this day and stay along on the nature.
If you like to do a day of horse riding, we appreciate to organise this for you. It will be for additional payment. For horse riding we will organize local stableman for escorting.
Accommodation and dinner in the yurt camp.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: -3040m in Song-Kul Lake)
Breakfast. Transfer to Bishkek (380 km). The road goes over the high pass Kalmak Ashuu (3065 m). Lunch. On the way a visit to Burana tower the remaining of Karakhanid Empire in Central Asia (11 c). Dinner in the local restaurant. Optionally Kyrgyz folklore program during the dinner. Accommodation in the “Asia Mountains” or similar.
(Altitudes above sea level during the day: -3040m in Song-Kul Lake)
Transfer to the Airport.
Level of difficulty: This tour is suitable for all people; please note that sometimes there will be 4-6 hours transfers along the mountainous roads.
Conditions: If you have some specific sicknesses you need to bring own first aid kit with necessary medicaments.
It is necessary to bring warm clothes, trekking boots, rain coat, good sleeping bag and etc. Weight of personal things is not limited.
- Transport for all transfers and excursions in Kyrgyzstan:
- One minivan for the group of 3 pax
- One Mercedes Sprinter with 14 seats for the group 4-11 pax
- Two Mercedes Sprinter with 14 seats each for the group 12-20 pax
- One English speaking tour guide for the group 3-11 pax;
- English speaking assistant of the guide for group 12-14 pax
- Double/twin room accommodation in hotels, guesthouses and families according the program.
- Four-five people accommodation in one yurta for staying in Jety-Oguz and on Song-Kul lakel;
- Meal based on full board as indicated in each day of the program
- Mineral water during the tour (one liter a day per person);
- Entry fees to museums;
- Trekking personal (guide, cook, stableman)
- Trekking equipment (tent, kitchen etc.)
- Horse for luggage
- Kyrgyz folklore program during last dinner in Bishkek
- Felt carpet show in Kochkor
- Presentation on horse farm in Tepke
- One empty horse for clients in Days 3-6 during trekking for the group 6 pax and more
- Alcohol and soft drinks;
- Single room accommodation
- Horses for riding in Song-Kul
- Motor boat excursion in Issyk-Kul
- Eagle hunting show in Bokonbaevo village
- Horse game Ulak-Tartysh
- Cost for visa
- International flight tickets;
- Airport taxes in Bishkek;
- Porter service in hotels and airport.
- One empty horse for clients in Days 3-6 during trekking for the group 3-5 pax
Bishkek – Asia Mountains Hotel *** or similar
During Trek – Tent
Issyk-Kul – Hotel Karven club*** or similar
Karakol – Hotel Amir***
Jety-Oguz – Yurt camp (with European toilet and shower)
Kochkor – Family Run accommodation
Song-Kul – Yurt camp (with European toilet and shower)
|The price of this tour is||3 pax||4-5 pax||6-9 pax||10-11 pax||12-14 pax|
|(per person):||1663 USD||1535 USD||1290 USD||1250 USD||1215 USD|
Single supplement is 140 USD
Supplement for eagle hunting show is 60 USD for the group
Supplement for motor boat excursion is 120 USD for the group
Supplement for traditional horse game Ulak-Tartysh is 220 USD for the group.
Supplement for one empty horse for clients in Days 3-6 during trekking for the group 3-5 pax is 100 USD for the group
Supplement for accommodation 2 person in the yurt camp on Song-Kul is 36 USD for yurt for 1 night (72 USD for two nights)
Supplement for day horse riding on Song-Kul: If 2 pax do riding it will be 28 USD per person. If 3 pax do riding, it will be 24 USD per person. For every 2-3 person we will provide escorting stableman.
- Single accommodation in yurts is not available. Minimum 2 persons in the yurt for supplement payment as written above.
- Maximum we can provide organize 8 sleeping yurts, 4 persons in each. If you need only double yurts it will be maximum for the group of 16 pax.
- 3 starsBishkek- Issyk-kul – Karakol – Jety Ogzu – Tepke village - Sonkul- Kochkor – Bishkek
- 4 starsBishkek- Issyk-kul – Tosor – Jety-Oguz – Issyk Kul – Son Kul – Kochkor – Bishkek