The author of the project and the main initiator of the construction of the madrasa of 1905 was a Chief Justice of Khiva, whose name was Salim Akhun. The absence of any particular decorative elements of internal and external design is fully offset by significant differences in the use of educational methods. Among the list of common compulsory subjects of that time such as theology, the law, the tax and other subjects were actively taught in it.
Architectural features Madrasah
Entrance to the educational institution was designed as a small portal. The central facade of the premises is strictly oriented to the north. Just below the portal is a direct entrance to the three-domed madrassah. Entrance doors of the complex were decorated with a variety of national patterns. On either side of the main entrance there is a room for students and winter mosque premises.
For the construction of the building of the madrasa were invited the best specialists of the time:
1. Vais Kulal;
2. Hudaibergan Haji;
3. Matchan Kulimov;
4. Kalyandar Kochum.
Numerous documents make it possible to assert that in this madrassa training was held for more than thirty students. It is worth noting the high level of education in this institution. For example, the son of Salim Ahun Babakhon Salimov who studied here managed to become the Minister of Justice KhNSR (Khorezm National Soviet Republic).
The current state of the madrasa
Today on the territory of the madrasah the National Museum of Musical Arts is located. The exhibition, whose area exceeds one hundred square meters, includes 352 different historical artifacts. Anyone can follow the process of formation and further development of musical culture in the city of Khorezm. Also, visitors to the museum have the opportunity to become acquainted with many antique pieces of music.